Kawakawa and Manuka Honey Skin Balm - 60g (for humans we also stock a manuaka balm for animals - Kawakawa Gold)
Handmade from NZ medicinal ingredients including hand-picked native Kawakawa Extract, Active 15+ Active Manuka Honey, Hemp, and Manuka Oil. A soothing & natural
healing ointment for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, nappy rash, sunburn, dry & cracked skin, scratches, cuts, chafing, scar tissue &
inflamed skin. An excellent all-natural healing, soothing and barrier salve. Does not contain steroids, petrochemicals, fragrances, synthetics, carcinogens or
• NZ Active 15+ Manuka Honey (Leptospermum scoparium)
Full of vitamins, amino acids & minerals and is naturally anti-microbial; promoting healing & repairing cell damage. Over twenty years of clinical trials and
research have shown that New Zealand UMF Active Manuka Honey has proven antibacterial properties and offers great support for the body's natural healing
• NZ Native Kawakawa Extract (Macropiper excelsum)
Contains healing & soothing analgesic properties for skin. Well known in New Zealand as a medicinal plant, for its ability to assist in healing numerous skin
conditions and irritations including sunburn, dry skin, psoriasis, eczema, burns and many others.
• NZ Manuka Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal & anti-inflammatory which help combat skin irritation and infections. Used in skin care, the high antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties of remarkable Manuka oil combat skin irritation and infections, including acne-causing bacteria.
• NZ Beeswax (Cera Alba)
Known to act as a natural skin barrier to lock in moisture, foster cells & protect skin from damaging environmental factors. Alike to Manuka honey, beeswax has antibacterial properties, helping keep skin clean and reducing the risks of contamination in the formula itself and also found to help encourage the healing of wounds.
• NZ Calendula Oil (Calendula officinalis)
Soothes & hydrates inflamed & infected skin. This oil when distilled is a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial agent, and antiseptic. One of the complex characteristics of Calendula oil is a compound called triterpenoid. Used topically to relieve dermatitis, eczema, rashes, and irritated dry skin.
.Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera) Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids which are absorbed into the skin. This provides all the energy your skin needs to heal and maintain itself. Our bodies need adequate amounts of antioxidants.
• Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) Jojoba’s oil molecular structure is very similar to that of sebum, the natural oil produced by our skin. The oil from the jojoba shrub is a wax ester, which means it’s very much like the natural oils our bodies produce. One of the best quality oils to use topically on the skin.
Absorbs easily for very dry skin.
• NZ Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum) Contains Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids to calm skin. Many skin blemishes and itches are the direct cause of dry skin or skin lacking in natural oils. By taking this oil it will certainly help with acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and sunburn. The simple reason for this is that the essential fatty acids i.e omega-3 and omega-6 in flaxseed oil work as an anti-inflammatory and help protect the skin.
• NZ Cold-Pressed Olive Oil (Olea europaea L) Olive oil is abundant in antioxidants including Vitamin A and E but the most potent compound is hydroxytyrosol. Hydroxytyrosol is a very rare but potent antioxidant found in olive oil that prevents free radical damage to skin cells. olive oil has very potent anti-inflammatory properties and also absorbs deeply into the skin and is suitable for all skin types.
• Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can penetrate through layers of skin, assisting the body with the natural wound healing process. Vitamin E lubricates the skin and forms a protective layer that serves to keep free radicals away from wounds. Vitamin E also promotes collagen in the skin.
Now with added Hemp Oil!
Allergy Warning: This balm contains a high percentage of flower extracts, honey, and plant oils. Raw beeswax can also contain traces of :Bee Pollen, Honey Extract, Propolis and Bee Venom. Please check ingredients before use.
Application: Apply topically to affected areas on skin.
Comes with a small applicator stick- it is recommended to use this to extract the balm from the jar, as using fingers may introduce bacteria.
DISCLAIMER: No therapeutic claim is made or intended for our products. products are not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent any disease.